Worcestershire Royal Hospital
The Worcestershire children’s and young people’s shared care cystic fibrosis service is located over two hospital sites. We currently share care with Birmingham Children’s Hospital for 35 patients. Outpatient clinics are held at Worcestershire Royal Hospital, Worcester and the Alexandra Hospital, Redditch. Inpatient facilities are provided on Riverbank Ward at Worcestershire Royal Hospital. This is a 35 bedded paediatric ward with 11 ensuite cubicles.
All children and young people have indefinite open access to Riverbank ward. Open Access is a way of providing advice and support outside of working hours or when a member of the CF team is not available. If you need advice regarding your child’s condition, you can telephone Riverbank ward directly on 01905 760588 and ask to speak to the nurse in charge or middle grade doctor. Arrangements can then be made for you to attend the ward or children’s clinic to be reviewed if necessary.
Our aim is to provide our patients with a high quality countywide shared care service for children and young people with cystic fibrosis delivered by a skilled multidisciplinary team which is focused on the needs of patients and their families.
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester. WR5 1DD
- 01905 763333
- Alexandra Hospital, Woodrow Drive, Redditch. B98 7UB
- 01527 503030
- Dr Clare Onyon – Consultant Paediatrician (CF and Respiratory Lead)
01905 760333 ext. 30477 Clare.Onyon@nhs.net
Secretary: Gaynor Richardson
Tel: 01527 503030 Ext 44121
Dr Paul Watson - Respiratory Paediatrician
- Secretary: Louise Groves Ext: 30478
- Nicki Wedgbury - Specialist CF Nurse Ext: 30957
- Alex Macdonald - Specialist CF Nurse Ext: 30957
- Jo Colley – Specialist Physiotherapist Cystic Fibrosis
01905 760333 ext. 30178
- Dr Catherine Binney - Clinical Psychologist
- 07715 634365
- Cathy Pollard – Cystic Fibrosis Dietitian
01527 503030 ext. 33694 @nhs.net
Team Mobile (only switched on during working hours) 07775 682570
Map & Directions