New Cross Hospital
The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
New Cross Hospital is a teaching hospital located in Wolverhampton and serving a total population about 400,000 in the Black Country area, with a large Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis network clinic, currently seeing 43 patients, and an adult CF clinic which sees around 40 patients. It is hoped that in the future New Cross will have an adult CF centre.
The hospital has a large general paediatric department, seeing 13,000 paediatric outpatients per year, and a children’s ward with 26 beds and a paediatric assessment unit with 14 beds, including some cubicles with ensuite facilities. We are able to undertake IV antibiotic treatment for children, both as inpatients and as outpatients. We are able to see newly diagnosed babies, and carry out sweat tests. We have facilities to carry out annual reviews of our CF patients.
We are proud of our infection control performance and of the parent and patient feedback we received at the CF peer review in 2014.
A new consultant, Dr Sally Edwards, has recently been appointed to care for the CF children at New Cross. We have a full time CF nurse specialist, a part time physiotherapist and a part time dietician.
To provide outstanding care and treatment to all children and young people who choose and need to use our services, and to share and spread new knowledge and practice, so we are always at the forefront of what is possible.
To be the leading provider of healthcare for children and young people in the Black Country, giving them care and support – whatever treatment they need – in a hospital without walls.
- To deliver excellent patient care and experience
- To deliver value for money
- To be an employer of choice
- To be a research based healthcare organisation
- To be a leading training and education centre
- 01902 307999 extension 5175 or 01902 695175
- Wednesfield Rd, Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV10 0QP
- Dr Sally Edwards - General and Respiratory Paediatrics
- Dr Ajay Gupta - General and Respiratory Paediatrics
- Vicky Williams - CF Nurse Specialist (07890 274007)
- Melanie Archer - CF Physiotherapist
- Sue Jones - CF Dietitian