WMSC CF Paediatric Network will always store your personal details securely. We’ll use your details only to provide the service that you have requested and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have actively agreed to.
We will never pass your details on to anyone else without your explicit consent.
You are free to change your mind at any time by changing your contact preferences online (where applicable), or by contacting us
WMSC CF Paediatric Network, Department of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Birmingham Children's Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham, B4 6NH
Tel: 0121 333 8237
What data we collect from you
We collect information you provide, such as your name, address, telephone number (landline or mobile) and email address when processing enquiries, fulfilling any request (i.e. collecting & publishing a patient-submitted story) and for any relevant business-related transactional communications (e.g. invoices, service & maintenance notices) where applicable.
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, so we don't know who is using our site and your privacy is intact.
Please click here for more information.
What data we collect via third parties
We collect no other data via any other third party services.
How we use your data
- We will use your telephone number and / or email address to contact you in response to any enquiry you make via our online enquiry form
- We will use your telephone number and / or email address to contact you in response to any patient-submitted story before it is published. We never publish any contact details for any story to ensure anonymity
- We will use your telephone number and / or email address to contact you regarding any relevant transactional communications (e.g. Invoices, fundraising queries) where applicable
- We may use your telephone number and / or email address to contact you regarding fundraising events, patient group meetings and other patient or parent-participation event that may be of interest
Legal basis under the GDPR by which we process your data
We will process personal data where it is necessary to respond to user-submitted enquiries, feedback and requests that you have initiated by completing one of our online forms
We employ safeguards, such as formal Data Protection and Data Retention policies, to protect your privacy.
To opt out of any of the above processing, please contact us directly using the contact details above.
You are under no legal requirement to provide your personal data and you are not required to provide personal data to us. However, your failure to do so may impede our ability to respond to your enquiries and requests.
Data Subject Rights
Under the GDPR you, as the data subject, have the following rights:
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of the data we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to correct any data we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to delete the data we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data.
- You have the right to ask us to provide you with your data in a common, machine readable format.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your data to specific purposes.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. See https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We will not charge you for a copy of the data we hold about you and will respond to requests within 30 days.
If any of the information we have is wrong, let us know and we’ll correct it.
Sharing your data
We will never sell your personal data to another organisation.
We may disclose your personal data if required by law or to enforce our legal right.
We may disclose your data to service providers who render services to us or you on our behalf (all of which are contractually obligated to act only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable laws, including GDPR), which includes our accountants.
We will never ask for or store any sensitive information (such as medical records). All healthcare data is handled by separate NHS systems and staff.
How long we will hold your dataAs a visitor who has made an a request to us, we will keep your information until requested to remove it. This is to ensure we can provide a response to your enquiry and any follow up communications.
How we secure your data
We will collect, process and store your data safely and securely.
Our staff are trained in current Data Protection regulations and are required to abide by our Data Protection Policy.