Nursery / Pre-school
Children with CF attend pre-school playgroups and nurseries in just the same way as any other children. It is normal for parents to be anxious about how their child will manage at nursery, especially as this might be the first time someone else has cared for them. The CF team is there to support you with these changes.
Key useful advice
- The team can
- Visit nursery with you and set up a Health Care Plan
- Access information to inform staff about safe play
- Address any preconceptions about the CF condition
- Make staff aware of key symptoms to report
- Work with support staff to address any nutritional needs
- Provide the relevant education to prevent cross infection, when offering provision to more than one CF child
Useful Documents and Links
We are the UK's only national charity dealing with all aspects of Cystic Fibrosis. We fund research to improve Cystic Fibrosis care and treatment, and aim to ensure appropriate clinical care and support for people with Cystic Fibrosis.