Birmingham City Hospital
Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust is an integrated care organisation. We are dedicated to improving the lives of local people, to maintaining an outstanding reputation for teaching and education, and to embedding innovation and research. We employ around 7,500 people and spend around £430m of public money, largely drawn from our local Clinical Commissioning Group. That Group and this Trust is responsible for the care of 530,000 local people from across North-West Birmingham and all the towns within Sandwell.
The City Hospital CF team are part of the West Midlands CF network and have close links and shared care clinics with the Birmingham Children's Hospital CF team.
- 0121 554 3801
- Dudley Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B18 7QH
- Dr Ali Akbar - Consultant (Respiratory) Paediatrician & CF Lead
- Dr Maria Atkinson - Consultant (Respiratory) Paediatrician
- Andrea Higgs - Secretary - Direct Line 0121 507 5572
- Gillian Ashton - Dietitian
- Sophie Baggot - Physiotherapist
- CF Specialist Nurse - Birmingham Children's Hospital CF nurses support Birmingham City Hospital
Our vision is to be renowned as the best integrated care organisation in the NHS.
We have developed a set of care promises to reflect how to expect our staff to treat patients, visitors and each other. The promises were developed by frontline staff who felt that even though we were providing excellent clinical care, we also need to provide great care, and that we were not doing that in every area all the time.
The nine care standards, or promises are:
- I will...make you feel welcome
- I will...make time to listen to you
- I will...be polite, couteous and respectful
- I will...keep you informed and explain what is happening
- I will...admit to mistakes and do all I can to put them right
- I will...value your point of view
- I will...be caring and kind
- I will...keep you involved
- I will...go the extra mile